11/7/07

Farewell email - October 29, 2007

Dear Friends,

Devo lost his fight with cancer on Friday (Oct.26th). I thought we had checked the progress of his cancer, but it came roaring back early last week. His shining light was deteriorating fast and he never took his eyes off me for 4 days. I knew then it was time for the last and kindest mercy. I will miss him more than I could ever describe here.

I wanted to thank each of you for being his friend, pack member or just someone who made his acquaintance briefly and realized what a pleasure having a sweet, balanced dog could be.

Also, thanks for indulging me and my detailed emails over the last 3 months. Many of you wanted to know these details in order to have an understanding of what every one of our beloved pets could face. I have gathered a library of material and knowledge about canine cancer these last few month. Don’t ever hesitate to ask if there is any help or information I can provide.

- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

- You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'

- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole

No comments:

Blog Archive